UNITED STATES HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL MUSEUM
Washington D.C., 2015 to present
Multimedia Producer: Edit and produce documentary films for online and museum exhibits, direct and edit online storytelling projects, assist with web design, develop products, edit historical photos and videos for social media.
NORTHWESTERN MEDILL'S NATIONAL SECURITY JOURNALISM INITIATIVE
Washington D.C., Fall 2015
Adjunct Professor: Teach media planning, online storytelling, story development, multimedia shooting and editing.
Chicago, Ill., 2006 to 2015
Multimedia Editor: Produce and edit news and feature documentaries, design and build multimedia web projects, develop and produce video series. Photo Editor: Coordinate assignments, direct shoots, coach photographers, edit news, feature and stock photos; research, digitize and curate historic collections; edit photography books, hire freelancers, research copyright, acquire rights.
News-focused storytelling, media innovation, museum evaluation, photography, videography, screenwriting, visual archive research, writing and editing, code and web design;
Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop; Final Cut Pro
- Peter Lisagor award for Best Use of Features Video for 'SO CHICAGO,' 2014
- Peter Lisagor award for Best Multimedia Presentation for 'CHICAGO UNDER THE GUN,' 2013
- Jones Beck Award for Outstanding Achievement on 'CHICAGO UNDER THE GUN,' 2013
- Editor & Publisher finalist for Best Use of Photography for 'CHICAGO UNDER THE GUN,' 2013
- John S. and James L. Knight Scholar, 2006
- Chicago Tribune’s 'SO CHICAGO' video series creator and producer, 2014-15
- Chicago Tribune’s ‘Pictures of the Year’ photo and video editor
- Lecturer at Northwestern Medill School of Journalism and Loyola University
- Chicago Tribune’s ‘A Century of Progress’ photo editor, 2015
- Chicago Tribune’s ‘Gangsters & Grifters’ book photo editor, 2014
Kent State University , BS Visual Journalism, 2006